Shaheena Sultana was born in Khulna, Bangladesh. She had her early education in Khulna Govt. Girls’ High School, and Khulna Govt. Girls’ College. She received B.Sc. Engineering degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) from Khulna University of Engineering and Technology (KUET) (Former BIT, Khulna) and M.Sc. Engineering degree in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET). She obtained Ph.D. in CSE from BUET.
She started her career as a lecturer in the CSE Department, KUET as a Lecturer in 2001. She served the department of CSE, KUET up to 31st October, 2017 as an assistant professor.
Ph.D., Computer Science and Engineering, (BUET)
• Specialization: Graph Drawing
• Thesis Topic: Efficient Algorithms for Geometric Representations of Graphs.
M.Sc., Computer Science and Engineering, (BUET)
• Specialization: Graph Drawing
B.Sc., Electrical and Electronic Engineering, (KUET)
• ICT fellowship for doctoral program by Bangladesh Government
• Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho) Scholarship for Research Assistant
• Scholarships in the SSC and HSC examination
Graph Drawing, Graph Theory, Algorithms, VLSI Design, Embedded System, Social Network Analysis
1. Shaheena Sultana, Md. Iqbal Hossain, Md. Saidur Rahman, Nazmun Nessa Moon, Tahsina Hashem. On triangle cover contact graphs. Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications, volume 69, pages 31 – 38, 2018.
2. Shaheena Sultana and Md. Saidur Rahman. Realizability of graphs as triangle cover contact graphs. Theoretical Computer Science (TCS), Volume 720, Pages 24-35, 2018.
3. Muhammad Sheikh Sadi, Shaheena Sultana, Md. Moin Ali Rashid, Kazi Fahat Latif. Towards tolerating faults by triple modular redundancy. Journal of Software Engineering and Intelligent Systems, Volume 2, Issue 2, Pages 86 – 96, Caomei Publishers, 2017.
4. Muhammad Sheikh Sadi, Shaheena Sultana, Mostafizur Rahman, Md. Rezwanul Islam. An efficient method for human ear recognition. International Journal of Signal Processing, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition, Volume 10, Issue 4, Pages 49 – 62, Science and Engineering Research Support Society, 2017.
5. Nazmun Nessa Moon, Shaheena Sultana, Fernaz Narin Nur, Mohd Saifuzzaman. A literature review of the trend of electronic commerce in Bangladesh perspective. Global Journal of Management and Business Research : B Economics and Commerce, Volume 17, Issue 3, Pages 11 – 17, Global Journals Inc. (USA), 2017.
1. Shaheena Sultana and Md. Saidur Rahman. Realizability of graphs as triangle cover contact graphs. In Proc. of COCOA 2016, volume 10043 of Lect. Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), pages 393–407, Springer, 2016.
2. Md. Iqbal Hossain, Shaheena Sultana, Nazmun Nessa Moon, Tahsina Hashem and Md. Saidur Rahman. On triangle cover contact graphs. In Proc. of WALCOM 2015, volume 8973 of Lect. Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), pages 323–328, Springer, 2015.
3. Shaheena Sultana, Md. Saidur Rahman, Arpita Roy, Suraiya Tairin. Bar 1-Visibility Drawings of 1-Planar Graphs. In Proc. of ICAA 2014, volume 8321 of Lect. Notes in Computer Science, pages 62–76, Springer, 2014.
4. Md. Iqbal Hossain, Shaheena Sultana, Aftab Hussain, Nazmun Nessa Moon and Md. Saidur Rahman. L-shaped drawings of series-parallel graphs. In Proc. of IMC 2014.
5. Shaheena Sultana, MAH Akhand, Prodip Kumer Das and MM Hafizur Rahman. Bangla speech-to-text conversion using SAPI. In Proc. of ICCCE, 2012, IEEE, pages 385–390, 2012.
6. Mahfuz Hasan, Shaheena Sultana, Mirja Nazrul Alam, M.M.A. Hashem. Empirical investigations for exogenous parameters of an evolutionary algorithm. In Proc. of ICEE, 2002.
Conference Paper Presented:
• Realizability of Graphs as Triangle Cover Contact Graphs in the 10th International Conference on Combinatorial Optimization and Applications (COCOA 2016) at City University of Hong Kong. December 2016
• On Triangle Cover Contact Graphs in the Workshop on Algorithms and Computation (WALCOM 2015) at BUET. February 2015
• Bar 1-Visibility Drawings of 1-Planar Graphs in the International Conference on Applied Algorithms (ICAA 2014) at Kolkata, India. January 2014
• L-Shaped Drawings of Series-Parallel Graphs in the 18th International Mathematics Conference at Independent University, Bangladesh, Dhaka. March 2014